Our vision and mission statements
To be a leading centre promoting leadership in environment and natural resource management for sustainable development in Malawi and the southern and eastern Africa region.
To promote leadership and strengthen ecological and social resilience of ecosystems and communities to the impacts of natural and human induced shocks in Malawi and the southern and eastern Africa region.
In delivering our mission, LEAD SEA operates according to the following values and principles reflective of LEAD's core values:
- A sense of urgency. Humanity is on an unsustainable path, and rapid change is essential to achieve sustainability.
- Recognition that leadership can take place at many levels, and that everyone has a potential leadership role to play.
- Belief in a cross-sectoral, cross-cultural collaborative approach.
- Mutual respect of different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
- The importance of inspiring and mentoring others.
- A belief that sustainable development is desirable as well as achievable.
- A commitment to social justice and equity, which together with environmental responsibility and economic progress, are at the heart of sustainable development.